Vostok (Восток) is a large format view camera made by NPZ, in Novosibirsk, former USSR between 1948-51. 
The Vostok is one of the rarest Soviet cameras. It is probably a copy of the New Vue 4x5.
A quality view camera, unfortunately discontinued because it was too expensive to make in 1948.
- The year of manufacture, factory logo and serial number appear on the lower lens panel clip
- Format: 9x12cm plate
- Lenses: I-51 (Industar) 210mm f/4.5, Industar-11M 45cm f/9, interchangeable front lens board
- Shutter: none
- Focusing: on the groundglass, by means of a focusing knob located between two rails
- Rotating back takes double sided film holders that can be loaded with either glass plates or sheet film
- Back and front parts can all shifts, swings and tilts
- The double dark-slide are made to take either glass plates or sheet film
- Body: metal
- Weight: 3,76kg
- ↑ There is an unconfirmed info that some Vostok cameras made by an aviation factory in Tashkent, Uzbekistan