|Voigtländer Vitoret LR c.1971 image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
Voigtlander Vitoret LR is a 35mm film rangefinder camera, manufactured by Voigtländer & Sohn AG, Braunschweig, Germany and producerd between 1967-71.
The only difference from its precursor Vitoret L is the coupled rangefinder.
The Voigtländer Vitoret series were a range of consumer level inexpensive cameras that were produced from 1961 to 1971. Vitoret series were more inexpensive than the Vito range cause there were the choice of lenses and shutters and a more simple internal design. Many Vitoret cameras are often still useable and capable of providing good results.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
|Heliopan 32 UV filter on Voigtlander LR |
image by Süleyman Demir
- Lens: Voigtlander Color-Lanthar 50mm f/2.8, 3 elements, coated, filter: push-on type 32mm
- Aperture: f/2.8-f/22, no click stops
- Focus range: 1-20m +inf, zone focusing marks on the scale for portraits, groups and landscapes, indicated by a spot, triangle and circle respectively, (for rapid focusing),
- Focusing: coupled coincident image rangefinder with a diamond-shaped centre spot in the viewfinder
- Shutter: Prontor 300 LK leaf shutter, four speeds: 1/30-60-125-1/300 +B
- Shutter release: on the right-front of the camera, w/ cable release socket, on the bottom of it
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, on the back of the top plate, long stroke
- rame counter: additive type, auto-resets, window on the bottom plate
- Viewfinder: bright-frame, w/ diamond-shaped centre spot of rangefinder, exposure-meter matching needle index is visible in it as a mirror image from the top plate, very large and bright, Voigtlander style like other Voigtlander cameras
- Exposure meter: coupled Selenium cell match needle meter
- Film speed range: 25-1600 ASA (15-33 DIN), setting: dials on the speed ring, press the small black knob and turn the ring until clicks to desired ASA/DIN
- Exposure setting: window on the right of the top plate, w/ a reflecting system of the display to the viewfinder, red coloured needle must be alligned with the black needle of exposure meter by turning the aperture or speed rings
- Re-wind lever: on the top plate, folding crank type, turns when winding
- Re-wind release: small button, keep depressed when winding, on the right of the top plate
- Flash PC socket: on the lower-right-front side of the camera, synchro. X, M, all speeds
- Others: Cold-shoe; Tripod socket 1/4inch;
- Engravings on the top plate: Voigtlander, Vitoret LR; Engravings on the bottom plate: Made in West Germany and serial no.
- Back cover: hinged, opens by a latch on the left of the camera
- Body: metal, square edged body, Weight: 676 gr
|Voigtländer Vitoret LR c.1971 images by Süleyman Demir|
Vitoret L[edit | edit source]
|Voigtlander Vitoret L image by Rubaz (Image rights)|