See also the article Voigtländer Vito C.
Vito CLR is a 35mm film rangefinder camera, manufactured by Voigtländer and produced between 1963-68. It is in the Vito C series with coupled light meter and a rangefinder.
- All of the Vito C series models except CS and CSR, were sold as Standard or Deluxe models.
- Differences between standard and de luxe models are cosmetic, like leatherette covered lens barrel, black shutter release, raised chrome name, film reminder disc with leather in the center.
- The light meter window is different in the deluxe third model of CLR .
- Lanthar 50mm f/2.8 lens was on early model CLRs. The later model CLRs were offered with *Color Lanthar or Color Skopar 50mm f/ 2.8 lenses.
- There were Prontor LK shutters also.
- The round-ended body style was produced between 1960 & 1967, after which a square-ended body was made.
- Lens: Voigtländer Lanthar 50mm f/2.8 , coated
- Aperture: f/2.8 - f/22, setting: ring and scale on the lens-shutter barrel
- Focus range: 1-20m +inf
- Focusing: matching rangefinder images in the finder via manual front element focusing
- Shutter: Gauthier Prontor 500 LK central leaf shutter, speeds: 1/15-1/500 + B
- Shutter release: on front of the camera, beside the lens, w/ cable release socket
- Cocking lever: short stroke, also winds the film, on the right back side of the camera,
- Frame counter: window on the bottom plate, manual reset, decreasing type, w/ setting button beside it
- Viewfinder: coupled rangefinder / viewfinder, bright crystall frame for parallax correction, meter needle set is visible in the finder
- Exposure meter: External selenium cell
- ASA/DIN setting scale: on the shutter speed ring, w/ Uncoupling lever: disengages shutter speed ring when setting film speed, on the lens-shutter barrel
- Exposure setting: after setting the speed, turn the aperture ring till two needles match in the window, on the top plate, w/ Translucent plastic part reflects the meter needle set to the viewfinder
- Others: Flash PC socket synch. X all speeds, bulb 1/30; Self timer; Memory dial; Tripod socket 1/4 inch
|Voigtländer Vito CLR De Luxe version, third model c.1965 Images by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)
Notes and references
- ↑ McKeown, p.967-8
- ↑ Lanthar 50mm f/2.8 lens was on early model CLRs, thus with this middle/late model camera in the pictures is unusual