Kerman Trimar[edit | edit source]
|Trimar-Anastigmat lens markings, no.153814 (left) and no.154960 (right). (Image rights)|
The lens name Trimar appears in Japanese advertisements dated 1929 and 1930 for the Mikuni and First plate folders. It is normally written トリマー (torimā) in katakana, and it is sometimes misspelled "Trimer" in Roman writing. In the drawings of some advertisements, the markings on the lens rim are faintly legible as Kerman–Dresden N°xxxxxx * Trimar–Anastigmat 1:4.5 f=10.5cm *; the lens number perhaps reads 153814 in one case and 154960 in another.
One surviving example of the Trimar-Anastigmat lens is known. The marking reads Kerman–Dresden N°154428 * Trimar–Anastigmat 1:6.3 f=10.5cm *. The serial number is in the same range as above. The lens is mounted on a dial-set Vario giving 25, 50, 100, B, T speeds. It is said that the lens and shutter were originally mounted on a wooden-bodied First camera.
No other mention of the company name Kerman has been found so far.
Nippon Kōgaku Trimar[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- トリマー: advertisements in Asahi Camera July 1929 (pp.A27 and A28), August 1929 (p.A30) and February 1930 (p.A36). "Trimer": advertisements in Asahi Camera May 1929 (p.A29) and September 1929 (p.A26).
- Lens no.153814: advertisements in Asahi Camera May 1929 (p.A29), July 1929 (p.A27), August 1929 (p.A30) and September 1929 (p.A26). Lens no.154960: advertisement in Asahi Camera February 1930 (p.A36).
- Lens pictured in Yazawa, p.22 of Camera Collectors' News no.271, mounted by the author on an unrelated camera body.
- Yazawa, p.21 of Camera Collectors' News no.271.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Asahi Camera. Advertisements by "First Camera Works" or by Minagawa Kamera-ten in May 1929 (p.A29), July 1929 (pp.A27 and A28), August 1929 (p.A30), September 1929 (p.A26) and February 1930 (p.A36).
- Yazawa Seiichirō (矢沢征一郎). "Renzu no hanashi (181) Torimā renzu" (レンズの話トリマー・レンズ, Lens story  Trimar lens). In Camera Collectors' News no.271 (January 2000). Nishinomiya: Camera Collectors News-sha. Pp.21–3.