|Camera industry in Dresden|
|Balda | Certo | Eho-Altissa | Ernemann | Feinmess | Hüttig | ICA | Ihagee | Kochmann | Kerman | KW | Eugen Loeber | Ludwig | Mentor | Mimosa | Pentacon | Richter | Werner | Wünsche | Zeiss Ikon | Zeh|
|Camera distributors in Dresden|
|Camera industry in Freital|
|Beier | Pouva | Thowe | Welta|
Thowe Kamera Werk A.G. was a German company based in Freital. It was founded in 1914. Co-founder was Woldemar Beier, who left the company to found Beier when Thowe should be recapitalized as stock market company amidst the Great Inflation of 1923. The company closed its doors in 1932.
Camera list[edit | edit source]
- Thowe plate folder, 6.5×9cm or 9×12cm, in regular or tropical finish
- Thowe rollfilm folder, 6×9cm
- Thowe Lux strut-folder, 4.5×6cm
- Thowette, 3×4cm
Pictures by eBayer Yalluflex. (Image rights)
Japanese advertisement[edit | edit source]
In the mid-1920s, the Thowe plate folder was distributed in Japan by Yamashita Yūjirō Shōten.
|Advertisement by Yamashita Yūjirō Shōten in Ars Camera November 1924, showing the Thowe plate folder (ソウヱカメラ) and the KW Patent Etui. (Image rights)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Ars Camera. Advertisement by Yamashita Yūjirō Shōten in November 1924. No page number.
- Blumtritt, Herbert: Geschichte der Dresdner Fotoindustrie, Stuttgart 2000, 2001.
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover).
Links[edit | edit source]
- Post about a Thowe camera in photo.net