See also Sankyō Kōgaku, another Japanese lens maker.
Sankyō Kōki K.K. (三協光機㈱) was a Japanese optical company, which used the brand name Komura for a variety of lenses.
The company was already active in the early 1950s. Before the use of the Komura brand, it used the brand name Chibanon or Chibanone, notably supplying lenses to the Tōsei Kōki company. The Chibanon brand was retained for some time on enlarging lenses and projection lenses.
Lens list Edit
Before Komura Edit
- Chibanon or E-Chibanon lenses for enlargement or general photography:
|Advertisement by Sankyō Kōki in Asahi Camera, January to April 1955. (Image rights)|
Cameras equipped with early lenses by Sankyō Kōki:
- some examples of the Semi Frank have an E. Chibanone lens (an early spelling variant);
- Chibanon or Chibanone (チバノン) lenses were advertised on the Copenflex and Sanon Six;
- another lens perhaps called Chibar (チバー) was advertised on the Sanon Six II.
Komura lenses Edit
- Komura lenses in 39mm screw mount
- Komura lenses in 42mm screw mount
- Komura lenses in Exakta mount
- Komura lenses in Contax rangefinder mount
|Advertisement by Sankyō Kōki in Asahi Camera November 1953. (An almost identical advertisement appeared in October 1953). (Image rights)|
Other products Edit
- Permanent cable release, 1953:
- standard model, ¥150
- for Leica, ¥200
- ↑ Projection lenses: example observed in an online auction.
- ↑ The Roman spelling "Chivanon" found in original advertisements has not been observed on actual products, and was certainly mistaken.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Advertisement in Asahi Camera January 1955, p.234, February 1955, p.167, March 1955, p.213, and April 1955, p.224.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Advertisement dated 1954 reproduced at Shashin-Bako.
- ↑ E-Chibanon 50mm f/3.5 lens observed in an online auction, black and chrome barrel with knurled aperture ring.
- ↑ Advertisements in Asahi Camera October 1953, p.222, and November 1953, p.198.
- Asahi Camera. Advertisements by Sankyō Kōki:
- October 1953, p.222;
- November 1953, p.198;
- January 1955, p.234;
- February 1955, p.167;
- March 1955, p.213;
- April 1955, p.224.