Ricoh GR1 is a high end 35mm film autofocus compact camera introduced in 1996 by Ricoh. It received the 1997 TIPA award for best 35mm Compact Camera. The appearance is similar to that of Ricoh R1 which was more a low/mid range compact camera, the GR1 was aimed at the higher end of the consumer market. The GR1 saw many revisions, GR1 Date, GR1s, GR1v, GR21 and were only available in a silver or black finish. The GR1 evolved into the digital age with the introduction of the GR Digital in 2005, which shared a very similar design.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
- Lens: GR Lens 28mm f/2.8 (7 elements, 4 groups)
- Focusing: Autofocus multi-subject
- Shutter Speeds: Electronic shutter - 2 to 1/500 second.
- Exposure Control: Aperture Priority Mode
- Film Speeds: ISO25 to ISO3200 (DX)
- Batteries: 1xCR-2
- Size: 117mm x 61mm x 26,5mm (Grip: 34mm)
- Weight: 175gr