Pentax Auto 110 camera[edit | edit source]
In 1979, Pentax launched the Auto 110 SLR. It is a true camera system with interchangeable lenses and a full range of accessories, including two dedicated electronic flashes, the Pentax AF 130P and the AF 100P, as well as an electric Pentax 110 Winder.
The camera has a bright viewfinder with a split image focusing screen and TTL light metering. The automatic program exposure system is quite sophisticated, working from a fast 1/750 sec. at f/13.5 to 1 sec. at f/2.8, with automatic film speed setting from 100 to 400ASA, programmed by the cassette. A wide choice of close-up lenses, filters, rubber lens-shades, an ever-ready case and more, complements the system. The camera was made available in black, brown and a transparent working demo version.
An upgrade Auto 110 Super came on the market in 1982 featuring brighter viewfinder, low light warning, an electronic self-timer and a single stroke advance lever. A 70mm telephoto lens and a 2 × Zoom lens were also added.
While the Pentax Auto 110 is considered to be the smallest consumer SLR reflex camera ever made, another contender would be the Russian-made Narciss. However, the Narciss is larger in all dimensions and is much heavier.
Pentax Auto 110 lenses[edit | edit source]
- Pentax-110 18mm F2.8 Wide-angle lens, 6 elements in 6 groups, filter Ø30.5mm
- Pentax 110 18mm F2.8 Pan Focus Wide-angle lens, 6 elements in 6 groups, filter Ø30.5mm
- Pentax-110 24mm F2.8 Standard lens of 6 elements in 5 groups, filter Ø25.5mm
- Pentax-110 50mm F2.8 Telephoto lens of 5 elements in 5 groups, filter Ø37.5mm
- Pentax-110 70mm F2.8 Telephoto lens of 6 elements in5 groups, filter Ø49mm
- Pentax-110 20mm—40 mm F2.8 Zoom lens of 8 separate elements, filter Ø49mm
Links[edit | edit source]
General Links[edit | edit source]
- Pentax Auto 110 at The Other Martin Taylor's website
- Pentax Auto 110 at Cameraquest
- Pentax Auto 110: The world's most versatile little camera ever made, an article of Rick Oleson's website
- Pentax Auto 110 at The Living Image Camera Museum
- 110 - Variations in Pentax Subminiature Cameras at www.submin.com
- Pentax Auto 110, World's smallest SLR? at James M. Surprenant's Photography Site
- Pentax Auto 110 on www.collection-appareils.fr by Sylvain Halgand
- Pentax Auto 110 article by Olivier Duong