| µ[mju:]-III 80|
by uwekulick (Image rights)
Olympus µ[mju:]-III 80Edit
Known as the Olympus Stylus Epic 80 DLX in the US, this was the final 35mm compact camera from the very successful mju/Stylus/Epic series, and was introduced by Olympus in 2004. Unlike earlier models, it was not sold in Japan. It was generally gold in colour, but there may have been design differences in some territories. Some "DELUXE" examples of the mju III 80 included a remote control.
- Lens: 38mm-80mm zoom, f/5.3-10.4 (5 elements - some aspherical - in 4 groups).
- 11-point passive autofocus for correct focus even when subject is not centred.
- "All weather" seals against rain splashes(Equivalent to IEC Standard publication 529 IPX4).
- Camera shake indicator warning, automatically increases shutter speed where possible.
- Auto-exposure system features 2 optical sensors that can detect (and correct for) backlit scenes.
- Spot-metering available.
- Zooming "real image" finder.
- Colour-balanced auto-flash with multiple modes (inc. red-eye reduction and slow-synch).
- DX decoding (ISO 50-3200), auto-wind and power rewind.
- Tripod socket.
- QD (Quartzdate) date imprinting.
- Sliding lens cover that doubles as power switch.
- Requires one CR2 lithium battery.
- Dimensions: 115x59.5x39.5mm
- Weight: 185g (without battery).
- Mju-III 80 on Olympus Asia.