by W M Soo.
The L series marked Nikon's entry into the market for compact autofocus cameras. For their time, these cameras were very well specified, with wide-aperture prime lenses. The original L35AF has become something of a cult classic among collectors. Some models had an "autodate" function, and their names use the AD suffix instead of AF. The L series is listed chronologically below:
- Nikon L35AF/AD (35mm/2.8. Nikon's first compact autofocus camera, 1983)
- Nikon L135AF (35mm/3.5, 1984)
- Nikon L35AF2/L35AD2/One•Touch (35mm/2.8, 1985) (This was also the first of the One•Touch series. See also the AF3)
- Nikon L35AWAF/L35AWAD/Action•Touch (waterproof 35mm/2.8, 1986)
- Nikon L35TWAF/L35TWAD/Tele•Touch (twin lens 35mm/3.5, 70mm/5.6, 1986)
- Chronological list and specifications of compact cameras on Official Nikon Imaging website.