The company that would become Masmy appeared in the early 1950s as Takagawa Kōki Seisakusho (高川光機製作所), based in Kamiikegami, Tokyo. It made the Semi Masmy 4.5×6 folder from 1951, and the Masmy Flex 6×6 TLR from 1952.
Camera list Edit
|Advertisements by Masmy in special issues of Photo Art. Left: June 1955. Right: October 1955. (Image rights)|
- Masmirar reflex finder
- Masmy Kin, 35mm film adapter for 120 film cameras, in various versions
- Masmy sports finder (observed with 35/50/85/100/135mm frames and parallax correction):
- Boldapter, Bolta film adapter for the Ricohflex, ¥280 in 1955
- Masmy film winder, rewind crank for Leica and Leica copies, ¥390 in 1955
- Masmy film spooler, for 35mm film, ¥320 in 1955
- Masmy freely moving flash shoe, ¥340 in 1955
- Masmy Fixer, vice with tripod screws and accessory shoe, ¥480 in 1955
- Masmy snap holder, monopod-like holder with strap, ¥980 in 1955
- Masmy album cover, ¥20 in 1955
- ↑ Its address in 1953 was Tōkyō-to Ōta-ku Kamiikegami-chō 1091 (東京都大田区上池上町1091). Source: advertisement dated May 1953 reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.183.
- ↑ Table in the June 1955 special issue of Photo Art, p.156, and advertisements in the June and October 1955 special issues of the same magazine.
- ↑ Finder observed in an online auction.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Advertisement in the June 1955 special issue of Photo Art, p.125.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Advertisement in the October 1955 special issue of Photo Art, p.158.
- ↑ Name inferred from the katakana ボルダプター.
- ↑ Name inferred from the katakana フィクサー.
- Asahi Camera (アサヒカメラ) editorial staff. Shōwa 10–40nen kōkoku ni miru kokusan kamera no rekishi (昭和10–40年広告にみる国産カメラの歴史, Japanese camera history as seen in advertisements, 1935–1965). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1994. ISBN 4-02-330312-7.
- Photo Art rinji zōkan: Kamera akusesarī zensho (フォトアート臨時増刊・カメラアクセサリー全書, Photo Art special issue: All the camera accessories). June 1955, no.80 of the magazine. Advertisement by Masmy Kōki Seisaku on p.125.
- Photo Art rinji zōkan: Kamera no chishiki (フォトアート臨時増刊・カメラの知識, Photo Art special issue: Knowledge of cameras). October 1955, no.87 of the magazine. Advertisement by Masmy Kōki Seisaku on p.158.
Community content is available under GFDL unless otherwise noted.