- The R7 has a more full-featured TTL flash mode. Using Metz SCA compatible flash units, fill flash is now available with shutter-priority AE, and the system will switch automatically between fill flash and full flash in Program mode.
- Exposure compensation has been increased from ±2 EV (in 1 / 3 stop increments) to ±3 EV (in 1 / 2 stop increments).
- The R7 takes four 1.5 volt batteries instead of the R5’s two, extending service life between battery changes.
- Frame counter was repositioned for easier viewing.
- All other features of the R5 were retained.
- in Leica.Wiki
- Leica R in Photoethnography
- Leica SLR serials in Cameraquest
- Leica R7 in www.collection-appareils.fr
- Leica R7 Statistic Price Info's at AuctionPriceTracker (English)
- Leica R7 Statistic Price Info's at AuctionPriceTracker (German)
- Leica R7 Statistic Price Info's at AuctionPriceTracker (Italian)
|Leica R series cameras|
|R3 | R4 | R5 | R6 | R7 | R8 | R9 | R10|
Community content is available under GFDL unless otherwise noted.