The Leica R5 is an improved and updated Leica R4.
- It has the same exposure modes, except the program mode has an 11-step shift capability.
- TTL flash exposure with Metz SCA series flash units was added as was an eyepiece with built-in diopter adjustments.
- The viewfinder was redesigned for greater eye-relief.
- The shutter speed range was increased: 15 to 1/2000.
- All other features of the R4 were retained on the R5.
The Leica R5's direct successor is the Leica R7.
The Leica R6 was introduced in parallel with the R5 as Leica’s return to a traditional mechanical, battery independent manual camera designed around the existing R body frame.
Leica R-E[edit | edit source]
- Produced between 1990-94
- The RE is basically an R5 without a program or shutter priority mode. It is an economy model of the R5 with reduced feature set.
Links[edit | edit source]
- Leica R5 review by VintageClassicCameras
- Manual in Butkus.org
- Leica R series at Apotelyt.com
- in Collectible Cameras
- in Leica Wiki
- Leica R camera in Leica Wiki
- Leica SLR serials in Cameraquest
- Leica Reflex Practice R5-R3 by Andrew Matheson
- Leica R5 Statistic Price Info's at AuctionPriceTracker (English)
|Leica R series cameras|
|R3 | R4 | R5 | R6 | R7 | R8 | R9 | R10|