This is a point n' shoot superzoom 35mm film camera with quite a high specification; the top model of Konica's Z-up range.
The lens - shown fully extended on the right - ranges from 38mm to 150mm using the T/W lever exactly where your thumb would expect. The body has a nice champagne and matt black finish, the camera front is metal but the rest of the camera is obviously plastic.
- Takes DX coded film, ISO 25-3200. Auto-loading and wind-on.
- Lens has maximum aperture of F/5 at 38mm f/13.8 at 150mm. Sharpness should be good with 10 glass elements in 8 groups.
- Lens cover is built-in and retracts on power up.
- Shutter speeds: automatic from 1/320s to 1.5s.
- Auto-exposure via CdS meter. Exposure range is EV4-EV16 at f/5.
- Autofocus via infra red scanning. Focus-lock by the common half-click method.
- Minimum focus distance is 80cm.
- Small "real image" viewfinder that automatically zooms. Dioptre adjustment also present.
- LCD indicating frame number, battery power and mode setting. (8 modes for flash and distance).
- Flash is not very powerful and has an 8 seconds recharge time.
- Power source: 1x CR123A 3V battery (see image).
- Konica Remote controller A: available as an optional extra.
- Some models also have auto-date function and panorama setting.