|Contax G1 image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
Also see the article Contax G
- Lens release: via a button on front of the camera
- Auto: open-loop (non-TTL) autofocus system, single or continuous, w/ AF illuminator
- Manual: via a calibrated manual focus wheel on the top plate, w/ two scales for different lenses
- Shutter: Electronically controlled vertical travel focal plane shutter
- Speeds: 16-1/2000 in auto and 1-1/2000 in manual
- Manual shutter speeds are on the same dial as the Auto position, w/exposure compensation
- Exposure meter: TTL Aperture Priority Autoexposure center weighted average metering, or manual
- AE Lock: With main switch or half release
- ABC Lever: The built-in Automatic Bracketing Control
- Viewfinder: Real image viewfinder, coupled with mounted lenses(zoom rangefinder).
- Display Panel: Photographic data in large LCD panel in the viewfinder.
- Film loading: Auto loading and advance to first frame , reads DX speeds, ISO 25-5000
- Film Speed/Down Button: The DX contacts can be manually overridden here in order to set a particular ISO 6-6400
- Winding: Auto with built-in motor
- Drive Mode Selector: single exposure, continuous shooting, self-timer, or multiple exposure
- Frame Counter: Auto-resetting, additive type
- Re-winding: Auto rewind with mid-roll rewind possible
- Diopter adjuster: built-in on viewfinder eyepiece
- Flash sync: max. 1/100 
- Self timer
- Strap lugs
- Body: Titanium, top, bottom, front, and back covers; Weight: 518g 
- Back Cover: opened by back cover release knob, detachable
- Battery:Two 3V lithium batteries (CR2), Auto Battery Check
- Engravings on the bottom plate: Kyocera, Japan and serial no.
- Standard lens is Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f/2, AF. 
- Contax G system mount, 6 elements in 4 groups,
- Filter thread: 46mm.
- Focus: 0.5m to inf., red T* means multicoated
- Diaphragm: Manual and uncoupled, 6 straight blades,totally
- Weight: 182g
- Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8, AF, (shown in the photos)
- Contax G system mount , 5 elements in 4 groups
- Filter thread: 46mm
- Focus: 1m to inf., red T* means multicoated
- Aperture: f/2.8 - f/22,
- Diaphragm: Manual and uncoupled, 8 straight blades
- Weight: 252g
For other lenses see Contax G
|Contax G1 w/ TLA140 flash unit image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Dedicated special flash units are Contax TLA140 or 200, TTL direct flash control
- ↑ Some bodies have Green sticker inside the film door, means it takes some G2 body lenses.
- ↑ Black finish lenses which is shown in the photos, are actually made for black version Contax G2.
Community content is available under GFDL unless otherwise noted.