| Chinon CE-3 Memotron (1978)w/ Power winder |
Image by Süleyman Demir
Chinon CE-3 Memotron is a 35mm film SLR electronic camera made by Chinon Industries Inc., Tokyo, Japan and introduced in 1977. CE-3 was also sold under the name of Revueflex AC1 and some other brand names.
The CE-3 is one of the few screw-mount cameras allowing aperture-priority automatic exposure with any M42 screw-mount lens. It offers the same features as the CE II Memotron in a more compact body, though lacking the CE II's top shutter speed of 1/2000 sec.
- Lens: Chinon Auto, 55mm f/1.4 (Standard lens), Multi-coated, M42 mount, w/ Manual and Auto lens settings feature, filter thread 55 mm, Aperture: f/1.4-f/16
- Do not change the lens when the camera is on
- Shutter: Seiko MFC-ES, stepless electromagnetic focal plane metal shutter, verticaly travelling
- Shutter Speeds: Auto: 4 to 1/1000. Manual: B, X, 4 to 1/1000. Mechanical: 1/100s (for flash sync).
- Shutter operates only with batteries except X and B modes.
- Self-timer: 7-12 seconds.
- Viewfinder: SLR pentaprism, Speeds Scale and Exposure Indicator Needle are visible in it
- Eye-piece blind feature: a lid closes by a small lever, just left to the prism
- Exposure meter: TTL CdS meter, two cells, centre weighted, aperture priority automatic exposure control
- Film speed range: ISO 25-3200.
- Auto exposure range: EV 1-18, at 100 ASA
- Auto Exposure compensation feature: -1/2x to +2x EV, 1/3 F-stop increments
- Metering is possible in Auto and Manual modes
- AE Memory Button (Memotron): for holding the metered exposure in memory, on the lower left side of the lens mount, for this: in Auto mode, depress the shutter in half-way for metering then press and lock the Memory Button, then release the shutter on another frame composition
- Battery: 3v, two silver oxide 1.5v, eg.G13/S76, (accepts lithium Kodak K58L or two alkaline, eg. LR44)
- Battery check: green LED on the eye-piece frame, in Auto mode turns on when half way pressing of the shutter release, if battery OK
- External motor drive socket and connections: on the bottom plate
- Chinon Power Winder is a sophisticated device, employs a special computer memory chip, and has many functions: Single and Continuous frame modes, Pre-set exposure counter (up-to 24 frames), Interval timer (up-to 30 seconds intervals between exposures), on/off switch and LEDs.
- Body Dimensions: 140×88×50mm.
- Body Weight: 620g.
|Chinon CE-3 Memotron (1978) w/ Power winder Images by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|