by antiochus66 (Image rights)
The third in Canon's Sure Shot series, released in 1983, this was known as the (New) Sure Shot in the US, AF35M II in Europe, and Autoboy 2 in Japan. Its specifications are very similar to the original Sure Shot (but with a 4-element, 4-group lens this time) but can be identified by the sloped edge near the shutter release button.
|(New) Sure Shot|
by BobD2 (Image rights)
- Lens: 38mm f/2.8 (4 elements in 4 groups).
- Triangulation system autofocus with pre-focus lock.
- Electromagnetic programmed shutter. EV 6 (f/2.8 at 1/8s) - 17 (f/16 at 1/500s)
- Reversed Galilean viewfinder with projected frames, zone focusing marks for near, medium, and far distances, parallax correction marks, battery check and LED warnings.
- Film speed settings of ISO 25-400 or 50-1000.
- Integral flash (guide No. 13 at ISO 100 in meters).
- Film advance: Auto-loading and winding.
- Power: Two 1.5V AA batteries.
- Dimensions and weight: 125×76×46 mm, 300g.
- (New) Sure Shot in the Canon Camera Museum.