The Bell & Howell Auto 35/Reflex ('DESIGN 237') is a fixed rear-lens SLR with an EX-mount front element that can be swapped to change the focal length.
Available front elements:
- 50mm f/1.8
- 35mm f/3.5
- 95mm f/3.5
- 125mm f/3.5
- EE (Electric Eye) aperture priority auto exposure.
- Full manual mode. The light meter does not work in manual mode.
- Aperture value displayed in the viewfinder.
- QL (Quick Load) 135 film system.
- Mechanical shutter speeds do not require a battery to function.
- Film type: 135
- Filter size: 48mm (50mm f/1.8)
- Focus type: Manual focus
- Lens mount: Canon EX mount
- Year: Early 1970s
- Battery: 1.3V mercury battery
- Shutter speeds: 1/8s to 1/500s, bulb mode and self-timer (approximately 10s max)
- Aperture values on dial: f/1.8-16 (actual value depends on front element)
- Flash sync: X-sync at 1/60s
Community content is available under GFDL unless otherwise noted.