|Agat 18K type 1c (1991) image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
Camera identical to its predecessor, Agat 18 with some technical improvements. The camera is one of the smallest and definitely the lightest half frame 35mm cameras that you can buy.
There are two types and two sub-types of the camera.
- Vilejka logo on the lens
- Frame size 18x24mm
- Lens: Industar-104 (ИНДУСТАР), 28mm f/2.8, glass triplet lens, filter slip-on
- Aperture: up to f/16
- Setting: The camera is totally manual, though not in the typical sense, since it works only in a "mechanical program mode" were you first set the film speed and then just use the "sunny-16" icons on the front dial. The camera adjusts both aperture and shutter speed for a perfect exposure (it actually works quite well).
- Film speed: ISO 25-1600, set via the inner ring beneath the lens
- Focus range: 0.9-5m +inf
- Focusing: manual front cell focusing
- Shutter: leaf shutter; speeds: 1/65 -1/540 not written on the scale, instead there are weather symbols, set the ring as to the actuall situation of weather
- Shutter release: on front of the camera, not works wo/ the film in the camera, w/ cable release socket
- Cocking knob: also winds the film, double exposure prevention, on the left of the camera
- Frame counter: auto-reset, additive type, window on the left side of the camera
- Viewfinder: bright frame, w/ parallax correction lines
- Re-wind lever: folding crank, on the left side of the camera
- Re-wind release: a button on the winding knob, set to red dot
- Flash PC socket: none
- Hot-shoe: there was a cover on it
- Self-timer: none
- Back cover: removable, with the right side of the camera, opens by a latch on the right side
- Tripod socket: ¼", also usable as a hand strap socket
- Hand strap
- Body: plastic, shutter compartment metal; Weight:132g
- Serial no. first two digits show the production year, in the camera
Notes and referencesEdit
Community content is available under GFDL unless otherwise noted.